Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Primary Is Over Tonight

I think its a fact that tonight marks the end of the Democratic primary. My consiglieri has already texted me and told me that that bell rung long ago. However, until the resounding victory tonight in North Carolina and the closing margin of Hillary's lead in Indiana, I don't believe that it WAS over. Now, it is over. We have a Democratic nominee who can beat John McCain in the fall.

If Hillary is a responsible Democrat, she should drop out now. Even Pat Buchanan said on MSNBC tonight that there is no logic for her remaining in the race. All she can do is beat him up in Kentucky and West Virginia and still make up no ground in the overall race. This would only harm the party overall and create resentment towards her for her selfishness.

It has been a long and tedious race and there will be a long general election race. But it is good that it was long, it should be. This is too important of an election that means too much to our great nation.

It is over. We move forward.

1 comment:

dcgal said...

I almost wrote this last night, but I knew she wouldn't quit. It's official, the Clintons are beyond selfish.