Monday, January 10, 2011

Is Vitriolic Rhetoric to Blame?

I'm not ready to comment on the assassination of Chief Judge John Roll or the attempted assassination of Representative Gabrielle Giffords. I don't know all the facts and would prefer to learn as much as I can about what happened and why before forming an opinion. However, there has been much debate about whether the increased rhetoric about revolution and excessive hyperbolic metaphors are to blame for the events on Saturday (by the tea party, by both political parties...take your pick). Anyway, I just wanted to link to 3 NY Times columns I happened to read this morning that I found interesting. I'm not saying either are right or either are wrong.

Matt Bai

Paul Krugman

Ross Douthat

What do you guys think? Have you formed an opinion yet? Are there any other columns or opinion pieces that are worth mentioning? Have at it in the comments.

No comments: