Friday, January 21, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: Keith Olbermann out at MSNBC!

In breaking news this evening, Keith Olbermann has left his post hosting "Countdown" on MSNBC.

I was home tonight, drinking a glass of wine, waiting for the wife to get home from work and, as usual, my default channel is MSNBC, so I hear Keith in the background, and all of a sudden I hear him talking about how it's his last show. I wondered what the hell was going on and jumped onto the google machine to check it out. Sure enough, no one had anything about this story. It was news (albeit marginally important news) being made in real time.

I've never been a huge Keith Olbermann fan, but it was kind of nice having an over-the-top, in-your-face voice on the Left to counteract the right wing insouciance of Fox News. Again, while I'm not a big fan, it's safe to say I'll miss his voice being there.

What limited coverage I've seen, exists here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Josh Marshall wrote a little something about being on Keith's last panel. I may have not always been a big fan of his style, but his content was usually pretty good.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/01/what_the_hell_was_that_about.php?ref=fpblg