Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to Spending

Eventually, life on Capitol Hill is going to go back on. When it does, I think the tea partiers are going to be rather disappointed when the Republicans don't have a plan to cut spending. Brian Williams recently asked Speaker Boehner what programs he would cut:

WILLIAMS: Name a program right now that we could do without.

BOEHNER: I don’t think I have one off the top of my head.

It's not like this was a question out of left field. This is all Republicans have been talking about for over 2 years. I have seen this question asked so many times that you would think he would at least have some obscure program or pork to eliminate. Usually the answer is "discretionary spending." I guess I can't complain too much, this might be the first honest answer from Speaker Boehner in a long, long time.

No comments: