Thursday, December 13, 2007

Introduction

This post is all in the way of serving as an introduction to me and the idea behind this blog. I suppose blogging has become a rather "fad thing" to do of late but I find myself wanting to write more and more and looking for a vehicle by which to do so. And so, I have chosen this forum.

Who am I? I am a 1st year attorney living in Alexandria, VA and working in Washington, D.C. I am a graduate of the University of Michigan and Wayne State University Law School. I am a huge University of Michigan sports fan--particularly football and basketball. I love all Detroit sports teams as well as the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots. Politically I am left-leaning, but not a leftist. I am a Democrat, but more of a Bill Clinton, Blue Dog Coalition Democrat. I will probably vote for Barack Obama or the Democratic nominee, unless the Republicans nominate John McCain who I think is the candidate with perhaps the most integrity in combination with the facility and ability to be extraordinarily effective.

As for the content of this blog, my goal is to write on current sports/societal/political goings-on. I will of course give my opinion, which will be, in part, formed through my reading the opinions of others. When that is the case, I will do my best to cite the source of an idea. I welcome, in fact I am asking for comments because it is always more fun getting feedback and engaging in a give and take.

Lets get it started!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just remember burnsy, you're in the "no spin zone," and we'll be making sure you aren't distorting facts.