Tuesday, January 8, 2008

NH Prediction Time

Okay, so its late in the work day here in D.C. and I've been reading about the NH primaries all day. My consiglieri has asked me for my picks and I am very excited by the possible results I've been hearing about...and so now it is time for my projections:

Republicans:

  1. John McCain- 34%
  2. Mitt Romney-30%
  3. Ron Paul- 18%
  4. Mike Huckabee- 12%
  5. Rudy Giuliani- 6%

Democrats:

  1. Barack Obama- 45%
  2. Hillary Clinton- 31%
  3. John Edwards- 24%

HAPPY PRIMARY DAY!

My by % predictions are all rough and made to equal out to 100%. Obviously in the Democratic race there are other candidates who will poll at a decent % but I put the numbers in to establish % point differentials.

3 comments:

Jon Schulz said...

I'm pretty sure I haven't read nearly as much about the NH primary as you have, but here's my best prediction:

1) McCain - 32%
2) Romney - 23%
3) Huckabee - 15%
4) Paul - 13%
5) Giuliani - 12%
6) Thompson - 5%

1) Obama - 42%
2) Clinton - 30%
3) Edwards - 18%
4) Richardson - 10%

Burnsy said...

Those are good predictions...I had to go with Paul over Huckabee just to add a little spice to it. Yours are probably more accurate than mine but I'm watching two things primarily- Edwards (I've heard rumors that he is making a helluva run) and Giuliani...he has spent time in NH as opposed to IA...but his numbers are apparently just as bad. If he finishes behind Paul, that could kill him!

I'm going with Paul because his minimalist constitutional approach seems to fit the NH psyche.

Who knows? Its all fun though for sure!

VIS a VIS said...

Oh Snap! You both underestimated the appeal of a little genuine emotion. Apparently, she's human after all...